a Russian Biotechnological University, Moscow, Russia
Все права защищены ©Kandrokov и др. Это статья с открытым доступом, распространяемая на условиях международной лицензии Creative Commons Attribution 4.0. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
), позволяет другим распространять, перерабатывать, исправлять и развивать произведение, даже в коммерческих целях, при условии указания автора произведения.
Получена 27 Апреля, 2022 |
Принята в исправленном виде 08 Ноября, 2022 |
Опубликована 04 Апреля, 2023
Flour confectionery products are highly popular in Russia, especially honey cookies (pryanik). In order to increase their nutritional value, wheat flour can be replaced by triticale flour rich in essential amino acids and minerals. This study aimed to determine the effects of triticale flour on the quality of honey cookies.
The control cookie sample was made from premium wheat flour, while the test samples were made from mixtures of wheat and triticale flours in various ratios (10–90%), as well as from 100% triticale flour of grade T-80. Standard methods were applied to determine the cookies’ sensory and physicochemical characteristics, as well as their nutritional value and contents of minerals, vitamins, and amino acids.
All the samples with triticale flour showed good sensory characteristics. Adding up to 30% of triticale flour did not change the taste and aroma of honey cookies, whereas larger amounts of triticale flour made them sweeter and more aromatic. The test samples from 100% of triticale flour had higher contents of essential amino acids (arginine, valine, histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, and threonine) than the control sample from premium wheat flour. The contents of micro- and macroelements also increased with larger amounts of triticale flour in the formulation. While adding triticale flour increased the protein content in the test honey cookies, it had no significant effect on their fat and carbohydrate contents, or the calorie content. The tests showed that 60:40% was the optimal ratio of wheat and triticale flours.
Replacing wheat flour with 40% of triticale flour provided the finished product with good sensory properties and high contents of proteins, vitamins, essential amino acids, as well as micro- and macroelements. Thus, triticale flour proved to be a good replacement for wheat flour in the production of honey cookies.
, premium wheat flour
, triticale flour
, quality indicators
, nutritional value
The author declares that they have no competing financial interests or personal relationships that could have appeared to influence the work reported in this paper.
- Varavinit S, Shobsngob S. Comparative properties of cakes prepared from rice flour and wheat flour. European Food Research and Technology. 2000;211(2):117–120. https://doi.org/10.1007/s002179900124
- Lapteva NK, Mit'kinyh LV. Optimal ratio of wheat, rye and triticale flour at manufacture of biscuits. Agricultural Science Euro-North-East. 2013;34(3):35–38. (In Russ.). https://elibrary.ru/PZYEER
- Savenkova TV, Soldatova EA, Misteneva SYu, Taleisnik MA. Technological properties of flour and their effect on quality indicators of sugar cookies. Food Systems. 2019;2(2):13–19. https://doi.org/10.21323/2618-9771-2019-2-2-13-19
- Alekseeva TV, Kalgina YuO, Ziablov MM, Vesnina AA. Development of formulations enriched flour confectionery products using grain processing. Modern Biotechnology. 2014;9(2):4–6. (In Russ.). https://elibrary.ru/SJXGHL
- Shishlova NP, Bushtevich VN, Shempel TP, Laputko EV, Dolgova EL. Characteristics of triticale bread-making potential using results of baking tests. Arable Farming and Plant Breeding in Belarus. 2017;(53):182–189. (In Russ.). https://elibrary.ru/RWBTVJ
- Aseeva TA, Zenkina KV, Ruban ZS, Lomakina IV. Use of triticale flour in baking of bread. Achievements of Science and Technology in Agro-Industrial Complex. 2018;32(5):81–88. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.24411/0235-2451-2018-10521
- Dhaliwal SS, Ram H, Shukla AK, Mavi GS. Zinc biofortification of bread wheat, triticale, and durum wheat cultivars by foliar zinc fertilization. Journal of Plant Nutrition. 2019;42(8):813–822. https://doi.org/10.1080/01904167.2019.1584218
- Letyago YuA, Belkina RI. The development of bread recipes with the addition of the flour from barley and triticale grain. Bulletin of KSAU. 2019;153(12):176–182. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.36718/1819-4036-2019-12-176-182
- Kalnina S, Rakcejeva T, Kunkulberga D, Galoburda R. Rheological properties of whole wheat and whole triticale flour blends for pasta production. Agronomy Research. 2015;13(4):948–955.
- Vitol IS, Meleshkina EP, Kandrokov RKh, Verezhnikova IA, Karpilenko GP. The biochemical composition of different grades of triticale flour. Storage and Processing of Grains. 2017;210(2):30–32. (In Russ.). https://elibrary.ru/YGJGPT
- Kandrokov RH, Pankratov GN. Technology of processing of grain triticale wheat type semolina. Bread Products. 2017;(1):52–53. (In Russ.). https://elibrary.ru/XGUSZH
- Kandrokov RH, Pankratov GN. Development of an efficient technological scheme for processing graintriticale in bakery flour. Russian Agricultural Sciences. 2019;(1):62–65. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.31857/S2500-26272019162-65
- Kandrokov RKh, Pankratov GN, Ryndin AA, Konorev PM. Milling properties of new grades of triticale grain. Storage and Processing of Farm Products. 2021;(2):38–51. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.36107/spfp.2021.145
- Kandrokov RH, Pankratov GN, Meleshkina EP, Vitol IS, Tulyakov DG. Effective technological scheme for processing triticale (Triticosecale L.) grain into graded flour. Foods and Raw Materials. 2019;7(1):107–117. https://doi.org/10.21603/2308-4057-2019-1-107-117
- Zong Y, Li G, Xi X, Sun X, Li S, Cao D, et al. A bHLH transcription factor TsMYC2 is associated with the blue grain character in triticale (Triticum × Secale). Plant Cell Reports. 2019;38(10):1291–1298. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00299-019-02449-3
- Derejko A, Studnicki M, Wójcik-Gront E, Gacek E. Adaptive grain yield patterns of triticale (×Triticosecale wittmack) cultivars in six regions of Poland. Agronomy. 2020;10(3). https://doi.org/10.3390/agronomy10030415
- Maradudin MS, Simakova IV, Maradudin АM. Effect of white bean flour on rheological properties of composite mixtures based on wheat flour and triticale. Technologies of the Food and Processing Industry of the Agro-Industrial Complex-Healthy Food Products. 2021;(3):35–42. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.24412/2311-6447-2021-3-35-42
- Silva ADN, Ramos MLG, Ribeiro Júnior WQ, de Alencar ER, da Silva PC, de Lima CA, et al. Water stress alters physical and chemical quality in grains of common bean, triticale and wheat. Agricultural Water Management. 2020;231. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agwat.2020.106023
- Goryanina TA, Medvedev AM. Baking grain quality of winter triticale, winter wheat and winter rye. Grain Economy of Russia. 2020;67(1):28–32. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.31367/2079-8725-2020-67-1-28-32
- Shabolkina EN, Anisimkina NV, Belyaeva MV. Technological and Bread Baking Traits of Triticale. Grain Economy of Russia. 2019;62(2):21–26. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.31367/2079-8725-2019-62-2-21-26
- Zhanabayeva KK, Ongarbayeva NO, Ruchkina GA, Yesseyeva GK, Smolyakova VL. Features of technological properties of triticale grain of Kazakhstan's selection. Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. 2018;13(10):8292–8299.
- Yu Z-L, Liu R. Effect of electrolyzed water on enzyme activities of triticale malt during germination. Journal of Food Science and Technology. 2019;56(3):1495–1501. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-019-03637-5
- Jonnala RS, MacRitchie F, Herald TJ, Lafiandra D, Margiotta B, Tilley M. Protein and quality characterization of triticale translocation lines in breadmaking. Cereal Chemistry. 2010;87(6):546–552. https://doi.org/10.1094/CCHEM-02-10-0025
- Daribayeva G, Magomedov GO, Iztaev B, Zhexenbay N, Tyussyupova B. Preparation of triticale flour by ion-ozone treatment for pasta quality improvement. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies. 2019;4(11):64–73. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2019.174805
- Aragüez L, Colombo A, Borneo R, Aguirre A. Active packaging from triticale flour films for prolonging storage life of cherry tomato. Food Packaging and Shelf Life. 2020;25. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fpsl.2020.100520
- Tertychnaya TN, Drannikov AV, Shevtsov AA, Zasypkin NV. Prospects for the use of carrot powder in the production of bread from triticale flour. Bread Products. 2021;(11):46–49. (In Russ.). https://elibrary.ru/BBSBZK
- Solomina LS, Solomin DA. Formation of triticale citrate starch properties. Achievements of Science and Technology in Agro-Industrial Complex. 2020;34(5):73–76. (In Russ.). https://elibrary.ru/ZYIHTX
- Kiyabaeva AT, Ongarbaeva NO, Zhapparova NK. Characteristics of the enzyme complex of Kazakhstan triticale grain. The Journal of Almaty Technological University. 2020;(2):12–17. (In Kazakh.). https://elibrary.ru/CMQERZ
- Kondratyev NB, Kazancev EV, Osipov MV, Petrova NA, Rudenko OS. Research of the moisture transfer processes in gingerbread with fruit filling produced using various types of modified starch. Storage and Processing of Farm Products. 2019;(4):35–46. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.36107/spfp.2019.187
- Vaskina VA, Kandrokov RKh, Haydar-Zade LN. Study of impact of amaranth flour and wall material of enclosed nut oil on quality of raw gummy gingerbread. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus. Agrarian Series. 2021;59(2):243–254. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.29235/1817-7204-2021-59-2-243-254
- Kondratiev NB, Kazantsev EV, Petrova NA, Osipov MV, Svyatoslavova IM. Influence of packaging properties on changes moisture of raw gingerbreads with fruit filling. Food Industry. 2019;(7):16–18. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.24411/0235-2486-2019-10096
- Sanzharovskaya NS, Sokol NV, Khrapko OP. The use of non-traditional raw materials in raw gingerbread technology. Bulletin of KSAU. 2018;136(1):147–154. (In Russ.). https://elibrary.ru/YOSPDG
- Khaydar-zade LN, Abdullaeva MA. Effects of carrot powder on the quality of honey cookies. Bulletin of the Technological University of Tajikistan. 2016;26(1):75–78. (In Russ.). https://elibrary.ru/WAGJLL
- Yilova RM, Shiritova LY, Khatokhov DM. Influence of the breaking from the world of Magalebs on organoleptic and physino-chemical results of the world. Izvestiya of Kabardino-Balkarian State Agrarian University named after V.M. Kokov. 2020;27(1):51–57. (In Russ.). https://elibrary.ru/LNHDQA
- Kravchenko M, Yaroshenko N. Study into effect of plant supplements on the quality indicators of gingerbread and similar spice-cakes. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies. 2017;5(11):45–54. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2017.110168
- Nasyrova YuG, Kiseleva MYu. Quality and competitiveness examination knivkers made with application fossil warning. Technology and Merchandising of the Innovative Foodstuf. 2019;56(3):114–118. (In Russ.). https://elibrary.ru/QGUHOG
- Nasyrova YuG, Kiseleva MYu. Study of the effect of hawthorn fruit on the quality and competitiveness of gingerbread. Bread Products. 2019;(9):64–67. (In Russ.). https://elibrary.ru/OMQRUN
- Vershinina OL, Gonchar VV, Roslyakov YuF. New technology of raw dough gingerbread products of raised nutrition value with flour from chicory root crops. Izvestiya Vuzov. Food Technology. 2014;340(4):51–53. (In Russ.). https://elibrary.ru/SNGQFL
- Shcherbakova NА, Misteneva SYu, Rudenko OS, Kondrat’ev NB, Baskakov AV. Effect of oat-based ingredients on the quality of pastry products. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology. 2021;51(4):832–848. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.21603/2074-9414-2021-4-832-848
- Ndinchout AS, Chattopadhyay D, Ascension NM, Kaur V, Singh N, Paul MF. Muffins fortified with Dacryodes macrophylla L. fruit: quality and sensory evaluation. Foods and Raw Materials. 2022;10(1):40–50. https://doi.org/10.21603/2308-4057-2022-1-40-50
- Roslyakov YuF, Gonchar VV, Vershinina OL, Kharkov SE. Technology raw gingerbread products based processing melon seeds. Food Industry: Science and Technology. 2014;25(3):8–12. (In Russ.). https://elibrary.ru/SWLYJF
- Shulga О, Chorna А, Аrsenieva L, Hol A. Edible coating as factor of preserving freshness and increasing biological value of gingerbread cakes. Food Science and Technology. 2016;10(4):9–13.
- Zhabbarova SK, Isabaev IB, Khaidar-Zade LN, Alekseenko EV. Concentrated paste from sugar beet as an alternative of treacles and an invert syrup in the production of gingerbread. Storage and Processing of Farm Products. 2020;(2):94–111. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.36107/spfp.2020.350
Kandrokov RKh. Effects of triticale flour on the quality of honey cookies. Foods and Raw Materials. 2023;11(2):215–222. https://doi.org/10.21603/2308-4057-2023-2-568