Все права защищены ©Tadzhibova и др. Это статья с открытым доступом, распространяемая на условиях международной лицензии Creative Commons Attribution 4.0. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
), позволяет другим распространять, перерабатывать, исправлять и развивать произведение, даже в коммерческих целях, при условии указания автора произведения.
Foods and Raw Materials, 2020, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 268-276
Introduction. Microbial biomass is a popular source of food ingredients and feed additives. Its high use has made it focus of many relevant studies. Yeast and fungal biomasses proved to be useful substrates that improve the quality and biological value of functional products. They differ in the content and composition of proteins and polysaccharides. The present research dealt with the enzymatic decomposition of proteins found in a novel fungal and yeast biomass. The research objective was to describe the peptide and amino acid composition of their enzymatic hydrolysates.
Study objects and methods. The research featured a new fungal and yeast biomass mix. Aspergillus oryzae is a mycelial fungus and a popular industrial producer of hydrolytic enzymes in food industry. As for the yeast, it was the Saccharomyces cerevisiae strain, which is often used in baking.
Results and discussion. The total content of identified amino acids in the fungal and yeast biomass was 306.0 mg/g, which was 1.5 times higher than in the fungal biomass alone. The biomass mix demonstrated a higher biological value of proteins than the yeast biomass. A set of experiments made it possible to compile a scheme for the biocatalytic destruction of polymers in the fungal and yeast biomass under the effect of fungal intracellular and endogenous enzymes. The article also contains a thorough description of the obtained enzymatic hydrolysates with various fractional compositions of peptides and free amino acids. Peptides with the molecular weight in the range of up to 29.0 kDa decreased by 2.1 times after 5 h of hydrolysis and by 10.7 times after 18 h. The designed conditions doubled the release of amino acids and increased the content of low-molecular-weight peptides up to 75.3%.
Conclusion. The research provided a new algorithm for the biocatalytic conversion of microbial biomass. Regulating the conditions of enzymatic hydrolysis made it possible to obtain enzymatic hydrolysates with a desired degree of protein degradation. They could serve as peptides and amino acids in functional food and feed products.
, biocatalytic hydrolysis
, enzymatic hydrolysates
, amino acids
, molecular weight
, peptide fractions
The research was financed by the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS) as part of a state grant within the framework of the Basic Research Program of State Academies for 2013–2020 (research topic No. 0529-2019-0066).
- Tutelyan VA, Sukhanov BP. Food supplements: modern approaches to quality and safety. Problems of Nutrition. 2008;77(4):1–16. (In Russ.).
- Ryazanova OA, Pirogova OO. Using biologically active additives in feed supply of population. Food Industry. 2011;(2):8–10. (In Russ.).
- Gammel IV, Suvorova OV, Zaporozhskaya LI. The analysis of trends at Russian market of biologically active food supplements. Medical Almanac. 2017;51(6):154–158. (In Russ.).
- Rimareva LV, Krivova AYu, Serba EM, Overchenko MB, Ignatova NI, Pogorzelskaya NS, et al. Biological preparation based on yeast and fungal biomass rich in polysaccharides and essential amino acids. Izvestiya Ufimskogo nauchnogo tsentra RAN. 2018;(3–3):28–33. (In Russ.).
- Dhillon GS, Kaur S, Brar SK, Verma M. Green synthesis approach: extraction of chitosan from fungus mycelia. Critical Reviews in Biotechnology. 2013;33(4):379–403. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3109/07388551.2012.717217.
- Serba EM, Rimareva LV, Kurbatova EI, Volkova GS, Polyakov VA, Varlamov VP. The study of the process of enzymatic hydrolysis of yeast biomass to generate food ingredients with the specified fractional composition of protein substances. Problems of Nutrition. 2017;86(2):76–83. (In Russ.).
- Bowman SM, Free SJ. The structure and synthesis of the fungal cell wall. BioEssays. 2006;28(8):799–808. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/bies.20441.
- Feofilova EP. The fungal cell wall: Modern concepts of its composition and biological function. Microbiology. 2010;79(6):723–733. (In Russ.).
- Nwe N, Stevens WF, Tokura S, Tamura H. Characterization of chitosan and chitosan-glucan complex extracted from the cell wall of fungus Gongronella butleri USDB 0201 by enzymatic method. Enzyme and Microbial Technology. 2008;42(3):242–251. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enzmictec.2007.10.001.
- Novinyuk LV, Kulev DH, Velinzon PZ, Sharova NJu. Isolation of shitin and chitosan glucan biopolymers from mycelial waste citric acid production. Food Industry. 2016;(11):30–31. (In Russ.).
- Sharova NYu, Manzhieva BS, Printseva AA, Vybornova TV. Beta-glucans from biomass of plant and microbial origin. Food systems. 2019;2(1):23–26. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21323/2618-9771-2019-2-1-23-26.
- Kumaresapillai N, Basha RA, Sathish R. Production and evaluation of chitosan from aspergillus niger MTCC strains. Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2011;10(3):553–557. DOI: https://doi.org/10.22037/IJPR.2011.1003.
- Friedman M, Juneja VK. Review of antimicrobial and antioxidative activities of chitosans in food. Journal of Food Protection. 2010;73(9):1737–1761. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4315/0362-028X-73.9.1737.
- Novinyuk LV, Velinzon PZ, Kulev DKh. Sorption properties of chitinand chitosan-glucan bio-complexes isolated from Aspergillus niger fungal mycelia biomass. Proceedings of Universities. Applied Chemistry and Biotechnology. 2017;7(2)(21):64–71. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.21285/2227-2925-2017-7-2-64-71.
- Alsaggaf MS, Moussa SH, Tayel AA. Application of fungal chitosan incorporated with pomegranate peel extract as edible coating for microbiological, chemical and sensorial quality enhancement of Nile tilapia fillets. 2017;99:499–505. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2017.03.017.
- Tayel AA. Microbial chitosan as a biopreservative for fish sausages. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 2016;93:41–46. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2016.08.061.
- Sereda AS, Velikoretskaya IA, Osipov DO, Matys VYu, Bubnova TV, Nemashkalov VA, et al. The enzyme complexes for the destruction of the cell wall of filamentous fungi – producers of industrial enzymes. Izvestiya Ufimskogo nauchnogo tsentra RAN. 2018;(3–2):31–35. (In Russ.).
- Serba YeM, Overchenko MB, Pogorzhelskaya NS, Kurbatova YeI, Polyakov VA, Rimareva LV. Dependence of destruction degree in protein substances of microbe biomass on composition of proteolytic complex. Vestnik of the Russian agricultural sciences. 2015;(2):48–51. (In Russ.).
- Orlova EV, Rimareva LV, Overchenko MB, Orlova VS, Serba EM. Vliyanie fermentolizatov drozhzhey Saccharomyces cerevisiae na kletochnyy tsikl i apoptoz kletok perevivaemykh opukholey [Effect of Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast enzymatic hydrolysates on the cell cycle and apoptosis of transplanted tumor cells]. Biozashchita i Biobezopasnost’ [Biosafety and Biosafety]. 2012;4(3)(12):48–51. (In Russ.).
- Rawlings ND, Barrett AJ, Finn R. Twenty years of the MEROPS database of proteolytic enzymes, their substrates and inhibitors. Nucleic Acids Research. 2016;44(D1):D343–D350. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gkv1118.
- Lysenko LA, Nemova NN, Kantserova NP. Proteoliticheskaya regulyatsiya biologicheskikh protsessov [Proteolytic regulation of biological processes]. Petrozavodsk: KarRC RAS; 2011. 478 p. (In Russ.).
- Skata R. Bioaktivnye peptidy i probiotiki dlya funktsionalʹnykh myasnykh produktov [Bioactive peptides and probiotics in functional meat products]. Meat Technology. 2017;170(2):40–43. (In Russ.).
- Prosekov AYu. Osobennosti polucheniya biologicheski aktivnykh peptidov iz belkov molochnoy syvorotki [Specifics of obtaining biologically active peptides from whey proteins]. Milk Processing. 2010;127(5):12–13. (In Russ.).
- Kulikova OG, Mal’tsev DI, Il’ina AP, Burdina AV, Yamskova VP, Yamskov IA. Biologically active peptides isolated from dill Anethum graveolens L. Applied Biochemistry and Microbiology. 2015;51(3):362–366. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1134/S0003683815030114.
- Serba YeM, Rimareva LV, Overchenko MB, Sokolova YeN, Pogorzhelskaya NS, Ignatova NI, et al. Mycelia fungi – promising source of hydrolasas and valuable polymers. Vestnik of the Russian agricultural sciences. 2016;(4):41–43. (In Russ.).
- Abdel-Gawad KM, Hifney AF, Fawzy MA, Gomaa M. Technology optimization of chitosan production from Aspergillus niger biomass and its functional activities. Food Hydrocolloids. 2017;63:593–601. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodhyd.2016.10.001.
- Klishanets A, Luhin V, Litviak U, Trotskaya T. The chitin-glucan complex: Preparation and properties. Science and Innovations. 2016;163(9):62–67. (In Russ.).
- Instruktsiya po tekhno-khimicheskomu i mikrobiologicheskomu kontrolyu spirtovogo proizvodstva [Procedures for techno-chemical and microbiological control of alcohol production]. Moscow: DeLiprint; 2007. 479 p. (In Russ.).
- Zarin SN, Baiargargal M. Preparation of food proteins enzymatic hydrolysates of dietary proteins using some commercial enzyme preparations and various schemes of hydrolysis. Biomeditsinskaya Khimiya. 2009;55(1);73–80. (In Russ.).
- Roslyakov VYa, Tarasenko IS, Balabanov NP, Vasilʹev PS. Opredelenie kolichestva aminokislot i peptidov v preparatakh parenteralʹnogo pitaniya na osnove gidroliza belka [Determination of the amount of amino acids and peptides in parenteral nutrition preparations based on protein hydrolysis]. Russian Journal of Hematology and Transfusiology. 1984;29(3):50–52. (In Russ.).
- Yushkov S. Razrabotka kompleksnogo sostava rastitelʹnykh belkov, imeyushchego polnotsennyy nabor aminokislot [Development of a complex composition of plant proteins with a complete set of amino acids]. Biznes pishchevykh ingredientov [Business of Food Ingredients]. 2018;(1):22–27. (In Russ.).
- Faizulloeva MM, Bobizoda GM. Study of complex formation of triptophane and dipeptide of isolaicle-triptophane with zinc ion by metric titration method. News of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan. Department of Biological and Medical Sciences. 2016;195(4):32–37. (In Russ.).
- Bobiev GM, Bunyatyan ND, Sayadyan KhS. Immunoaktivnye peptidy i ikh koordinatsionnye soedineniya v meditsine [Immunoactive peptides and their coordination compounds in medicine]. Moscow: Russkiy vrach; 2009. 227 p. (In Russ.).
- Pishchugin FV, Tuleberdiev IT. Kinetics and mechanism of the condensation of pyridoxal hydrochloride with L-tryptophan and D-tryptophan, and the chemical transformation of their products. Russian Journal of Physical Chemistry. 2017;91(10):1648–1652. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.7868/S0044453717100326.
Production of peptides and amino acids from microbial biomass in food and feed industries: biotechnological aspects. Foods and Raw Materials, 2020, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 268-276
Кемеровский государственный университет
2308-4057 (Print) /