Все права защищены ©Abbasi и др. Это статья с открытым доступом, распространяемая на условиях международной лицензии Creative Commons Attribution 4.0. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
), позволяет другим распространять, перерабатывать, исправлять и развивать произведение, даже в коммерческих целях, при условии указания автора произведения.
Foods and Raw Materials, 2020, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 241-249
Introduction. After the Iraq war, the dust phenomenon has increased in western Iran. Our study aimed to evaluate the effect of the dust phenomenon on the content of heavy metals in raw milk in Ilam province.
Study objects and methods. The dust samples were collected during one year. The concentrations of dust particles were determined with the Enviro Check Laser System, using the Dust Monitor Check. The concentration of heavy metals in dust was determined by using the high volume air samplers and glass fiber filters.
Results and discussion. Heavy metals (lead, arsenic, zinc, copper, and iron) were measured at four sampling sites in raw milk by the atomic absorption method. The mean and standard deviations of dust particulate matter (PM10 and PM2.5) were 105.6 ± 90.5 and 25.9 ± 15.4 μg/m3, respectively. The amounts of arsenic, zinc, lead, and copper were higher in the spring and summer. Lead levels in western and southern regions were higher than those in the east, center, and north.
Conclusion. We found similar trends for arsenic, zinc, copper, and iron in raw milk. Our results showed the potential effect of the dust phenomenon on the presence of heavy metals in raw milk.
, dust phenomena
, raw milk
, atomic absorption
- Amarloei A, Jonidi JA, Asilian MH, Asadollahi K. The evaluation of PM10, PM2.5 and PM1 concentration during dust storm events in Ilam city, from Mar 2013 through Feb 2014. Journal of Ilam University of Medical Sciences. 2014;22(4):240–259.
- Amiraslani F, Dragovich D. Combating desertification in Iran over the last 50 years An overview of changing approaches. Journal of Environmental Management. 2011;92(1):1–13. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2010.08.012.
- Geravandi S, Yari AR, Jafari M, Goudarz G, Vosoughi M, Dastoorpoor M, et al. Effects of dust phenomenon and impacts with emphasis on dust problems and present solutions in Khuzestan (Iran). Arhives of Hygiene Sciences. 2018;7(2):134–138. DOI: https://doi.org/10.29252/ArchHygSci.7.2.134.
- Akbari S. Dust storms, Sources in the Middle East and economic model for survey it s impacts. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences. 2011;5(12).
- Harrington AD, Schmidt MP, Szema AM, Galdanes K, Tsirka SE, Gordon T, et al. The role of Iraqi dust in inducing lung injury in United States soldiers – An interdisciplinary study. GeoHealth. 2017;1(5):237–246. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/2017gh000071.
- Sella SM, Netto ADP, Filho EVS, Araujo MT. Short-term and spatial variation of selected metals in the atmosphere of Niteroi City, Brazil. Microchemical Journal. 2004;78(1):85–90. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.microc.2004.03.015.
- Shah MH, Shaheen N. Annual and seasonal variations of trace metals in atmospheric suspended particulate matter in Islamabad, Pakistan. Water, Air, and Soil Pollution. 2008;190(1–4):13–25. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11270-007-9575-x.
- Wang C, Li W, Guo MX, Ji JF. Ecological risk assessment on heavy metals in soils: Use of soil diffuse reflectance mid-infrared Fourier-transform spectroscopy. Scientific Reports. 2017;7. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/srep40709.
- Li M, Gou HL, Al-Ogaidi I, Wu NQ. Nanostructured sensors for detection of heavy metals: A review. ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering. 2013;1(7):713–723. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/sc400019a.
- Wang Q, Xie ZY, Li FB. Using ensemble models to identify and apportion heavy metal pollution sources in agricultural soils on a local scale. Environmental Pollution. 2015;206:227–235. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envpol.2015.06.040.
- Duodu GO, Goonetilleke A, Ayoko GA. Comparison of pollution indices for the assessment of heavy metal in Brisbane River sediment. Environmental Pollution. 2016;219:1077–1091. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envpol.2016.09.008.
- Ojedokun AT, Bello OS. Sequestering heavy metals from wastewater using cow dung. Water Resources and Industry. 2016;13:7–13. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wri.2016.02.002.
- Motaghi M, Ziarati P. Adsorptive removal of cadmium and lead from oryza sativa rice by banana peel as bio-sorbent. Biomedical and Pharmacology Journal. 2016;9(2). DOI: https://doi.org/10.13005/bpj/998.
- Gholizadeh E, Ziarati P. Remediation of contaminated rice farmlands soil and Oryza sativa rice product by apple pomace as adsorbent. Biosciences, Biotechnology Research Asia. 2016;13(4):2245–2253. DOI: https://doi.org/10.13005/bbra/2390.
- Castro-Gonzalez NP, Calderon-Sanchez F, de Jesus JC, Moreno-Rojas R, Tamariz-Flores JV, Perez-Sato M, et al. Heavy metals in cow’s milk and cheese produced in areas irrigated with waste water in Puebla, Mexico. Food Additives and Contaminants: Part B – Surveillance. 2018;11(1):33–36. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/19393210.2017.1397060.
- Boloorani AD, Nabavi SO, Bahrami HA, Mirzapour F, Kavosi M, Abasi E, et al. Investigation of dust storms entering Western Iran using remotely sensed data and synoptic analysis. Journal of Environmental Health Science and Engineering. 2014;12. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s40201-014-0124-4.
- Goudarzi G, Shirmardi M, Khodarahmi F, Hashemi-Shahraki A, Alavi N, Ankali KA, et al. Particulate matter and bacteria characteristics of the Middle East Dust (MED) storms over Ahvaz, Iran. Aerobiologia. 2014;30(4):345–356. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10453-014-9333-7.
- Burkart J, Steiner G, Reischl G, Moshammer H, Neuberger M, Hitzenberger R. Characterizing the performance of two optical particle counters (Grimm OPC1.108 and OPC1.109) under urban aerosol conditions. Journal of Aerosol Science. 2010;41(10):953–962. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaerosci.2010.07.007.
- Siddique N, Majid A, Chaudhry MM, Tufail M. Determination of heavy metals in air conditioner dust using FAAS and INAA. Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry. 2012;292(1):219–227. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10967-011-1402-6.
- Simsek O, Gultekin R, Oksuz O, Kurultay S. The effect of environmental pollution on the heavy metal content of raw milk. Food. Nahrung. 2000;44(5):360–363. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/1521-3803(20001001)44:5<360::aidfood360>3.0.co;2-g.
- Sissakian VK, Al-Ansari N, Knutsson S. Sand and dust storm events in Iraq. Natural Science. 2013;5(10):1084–1094. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4236/ns.2013.510133.
- Akhzari D, Pessarakli M, Shayesteh K, Gonbad MB. Effect of source areas anthropogenic activities on dust storm occurrences in the western parts of Iran. Environmental Resources Research. 2014;2(2):124–132.
- Draxler RR, Gillette DA, Kirkpatrick JS, Heller J. Estimating PM10 air concentrations from dust storms in Iraq, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. Atmospheric Environment. 2001;35(25):4315–4330. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/s1352-2310(01)00159-5.
- Shahsavani A, Naddafi K, Haghighifard NJ, Mesdaghinia A, Yunesian M, Nabizadeh R, et al. The evaluation of PM10, PM2.5, and PM1 concentrations during the Middle Eastern Dust (MED) events in Ahvaz, Iran, from april through september 2010. Journal of Arid Environments. 2012;77:72–83. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaridenv.2011.09.007.
- Teather K, Hogan N, Critchley K, Gibson M, Craig S, Hill J. Examining the links between air quality, climate change and respiratory health in Qatar. Avicenna. 2013;19. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5339/avi.2013.9.
- Grimm H, Eatough DJ. Aerosol measurement: the use of optical light scattering for the determination of particulate size distribution, and particulate mass, including the semi-volatile fraction. Journal of the Air and Waste Management Association. 2009;59(1):101–107. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3155/1047-3222.214.171.124.
- Jacobs DE, Clickner RP, Zhou JY, Viet SM, Marker DA, Rogers JW, et al. The prevalence of lead-based paint hazards in U.S. housing. Environmental Health Perspectives. 2002;110(10):A599–A606. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.021100599.
- Lu YY, Liang XQ, Niyungeko C, Zhou JJ, Xu JM, Tian GM. A review of the identification and detection of heavy metal ions in the environment by voltammetry. Talanta. 2018;178:324–338. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.talanta.2017.08.033.
- Wang ZQ, Wang H, Zhang ZH, Yang XJ, Liu G. Sensitive electrochemical determination of trace cadmium on a stannum film/poly(p-aminobenzene sulfonic acid)/electrochemically reduced graphene composite modified electrode. Electrochimica Acta. 2014;120:140–146. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2013.12.068.
- Gharaibeh AA, El-Rjoob AWO, Harb MK. Determination of selected heavy metals in air samples from the northern part of Jordan. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment. 2010;160(1–4):425–429. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10661-008-0706-7.
- Al-Dabbas MA, Mahdi KH, Al-Khafaji R, Obayes KH, editors. Heavy metals characteristics of settled particles of streets dust from Diwaniyah City – Qadisiyah Governorate – Southern Iraq. IOP Conferences Series: Journal of Physics. 2018;1003. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1003/1/012023.
- Heidari-Farsani M, Shirmardi M, Goudarz G, Alavi-Bakhtiarivand N, Ahmadi-Ankali K, Zallaghi E, et al. The evaluation of heavy metals concentration related to PM10 in ambient air of Ahvaz city, Iran. Journal of Advances in Environmental Health Research. 2014;1(2):120–128.
- Ziarati P, Alaedini S. The phytoremediation technique for cleaning up contaminated soil by Amaranthus sp. Journal of Environmental and Analytical Toxicology. 2014;4(2). DOI: https://doi.org/10.4172/2161-0525.1000208.
- Razafsha A, P. Ziarati P, Moslehishad M. Removal of heavy metals from Oryza sativa rice by sour lemon peel as biosorbent. Biomedical and Pharmacology Journal. 2016;9(2):543–553. DOI: https://doi.org/10.13005/bpj/971.
- Rezaei M, Dastjerdi HA, Jafari H, Farahi A, Shahabi A, Javdani H, et al. Assessment of dairy products consumed on the Arakmarket as determined by heavy metal residues. Health. 2014;6(5):323–327. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4236/health.2014.65047.
- Konuspayeva G, Jurjanz S, Loiseau G, Barci V, Akhmetsadykova S, Meldebekova AA, et al. Contamination of camel milk (heavy metals, organic pollutants and radionuclides) in Kazakhstan. Journal of Environmental Protection. 2011;2(1):90–96. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4236/jep.2011.21010.
- Evaluation of certain food additives and contaminants : forty-first report of the Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives. World Health Organization techical report series. 1993;837:1–53.
- Alperkhdri AS, Abdullah MK, Khidhir ZK. Detection of some heavy metals residues in the local goat meat in kirkuk during the winter and summer seasons. Journal of Zankoy Sulaimani. 2018;(2):27–36. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17656/jzs.10649.
- Konuspayeva G, Napmuratova M, Meldebekova A, Faye B, Loiseau G. Variation factors of some minerals in camel milk. In: Faye B, Sinyavskiy Y, editors. Impact of Pollution on Animal Products. Dordrecht: Springer; 2008. 125–132 p. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-8359-4_13.
- Konuspayeva G, Faye B, Loiseau G, Diacono E, Akhmetsadykova S. Pollution of camel milk by heavy metals in Kazakhstan. The Open Environmental Pollution and Toxicology Journal. 2009;1:112–118.
- Awasthi V, Bahman S, Thakur LK, Singh SK, Dua A, Ganguly S. Contaminants in milk and impact of heating: An assessment study. Indian Journal of Piblic Health. 2012;56(1):95–99. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4103/0019-557X.96985.
- Malhat F, Hagag M, Saber A, Fayz AE. Contamination of cows milk by heavy metal in Egypt. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology. 2012;88(4):611–613. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00128-012-0550-x.
- Meshref AMS, Moselhy WA, Hassan NEY. Heavy metals and trace elements levels in milk and milk products. Journal of Food Measurement and Characterization. 2014;8(4):381–388. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11694-014-9203-6.
- Cai Q, Long ML, Zhu M, Zhou QZ, Zhang L, Liu J. Food chain transfer of cadmium and lead to cattle in a leadzinc smelter in Guizhou, China. Environmental Pollution. 2009;157(11):3078–3082. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envpol.2009.05.048.
- Kabir A, Khan K, Khan IH, Jubair T, Jhahan E. A study of heavy metal presence in cow milk of different dairy farms near Karnafuli paper mills, Chittagong, Bangladesh. American Journal of Engineering Research. 2017;6(9):329–333.
Effects of dust phenomenon on heavy metals in raw milk in western Iran. Foods and Raw Materials, 2020, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 241-249
Кемеровский государственный университет
2308-4057 (Print) /