Все права защищены ©Hamidioglu и др. Это статья с открытым доступом, распространяемая на условиях международной лицензии Creative Commons Attribution 4.0. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
), позволяет другим распространять, перерабатывать, исправлять и развивать произведение, даже в коммерческих целях, при условии указания автора произведения.
Foods and Raw Materials, 2019, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 35-41
The present research features such natural herbal extracts as rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis L.), pome- granate (Punica granatum L.), and green tea (Camellia sinensis L.). Together with vitamin E, they were chosen to investigate hemp oil stability. The experiments revealed the effect of various fatty acids compositions on hemp oil properties. The effect of herbal extracts on the oxidative stability of oils was measured using the Rancimat method. The chemical tests included peroxide value (PV), free fatty acid (FFA) value, and acidity value (AV). Each herbal extract was applied in amounts of 30 mg/l and 50 mg/l. Vitamin E was mixed with the oil in the amount of 2 g/l. The changes in PV, FFA, AV, and fatty acid composition were measured on day 6, 12, 18, and 24. Hemp oil, pure or mixed with the extracts, was analyzed using the Rancimat method at 120°C with an airflow rate of 20 l/h to identify the in- duction periods (IP). IP values of oils with additional herbal extracts were found to be significantly higher (p < 0.05) than those of the control samples. The oil sample with vitamin E demonstrated the longest IP (4.12 hours at 120°C) during the Rancimat test. The herbal extracts and vitamin E had a positive effect on hemp oil PV compared with the control sample. Gas chromatography (GC) showed that hemp oil included a high amount of polyunsaturated Ome- ga-3 fatty acids, and the oil was not resistant to oxidation. In general, the natural herbal extracts and vitamin E in the recommended quantities had a positive effect on the oxidative stability of hemp oil.
, natural extracts
, quality indicator
, peroxide value
- AOCS. Official methods and recommended practices of the American Oil Chemist’s Society (5th ed.). Washington, 1997.
- AOCS. Official Methods and Recommended Practices of the American Oil Chemists’ Society (5th ed). Champaign: AOCS Press Publ., 1999.
- AOCS. Official Methods and Recommended Practices of the American Oil Chemists’ Society. Champaign: AOCS Press Publ., 2003.
- Astrup A., Dyerberg J., Elwood P., et al. The role of reducing intakes of saturated fat in the prevention of cardiovas- cular disease: Where does the evidence stand in 2010? The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2011, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 684–688. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.110.004622.
- Rubio-Rodríguez N., Beltrán S., Jaime I., et al. Production of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid concentrates: A review. Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies, 2010, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 1–12. DOI: https://doi. org/10.1016/j.ifset.2009.10.006.
- Bhat Z.F., Kumar S., and Kumar P. Effect of Aloe vera on the lipid stability and storage quality of chicken nuggets.Nutrition and Food Science, 2015, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 54–67. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/NFS-04-2014-003.
- Choe E. and Min D.B. Mechanisms of Antioxidants in the Oxidation of Foods. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety, 2009, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 345–358. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1541-4337.2009.00085.x.
- Choe E. and Min D.B. Mechanisms and Factors for Edible Oil Oxidation. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety, 2006, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 169–186. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1541-4337.2006.00009.x.
- Codex Alimentarius Commission. Joint FAO/WHO Food Standards Programme. Geneva, Switzerland, 2001. 197 p.
- Cordeiro A.M.T.M., Medeiros M.L., Santos N.A., et al. Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis L.) extract. Journal of Ther- mal Analysis and Calorimetry, 2013, vol. 113, no. 2, pp. 889–895. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10973-012-2778-4.
- Cordeiro A.M.T.M., Medeiros M.L., Silva M.A.A.D., et al. Rancimat and PDSC accelerated techniques for evaluation of oxidative stability of soybean oil with plant extracts. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 2014, vol. 114, no. 2, pp. 827–832. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10973-013-3036-0.
- Da Silva A. and Jorge N. Influence of Lentinus edodes and Agaricus blazei extracts on the prevention of oxidation and retention of tocopherols in soybean oil in an accelerated storage test. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 2014, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 1208–1212. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-012-0623-1.
- Decker E.A., Elias R.J., and McClements D.J. Oxidation in foods and beverages and antioxidant applications. Ox- ford: Woodhead Publ., 2010. 432 p.
- Scientific opinion of the panel on dietetic products, nutrition and allergies on a request from European Commission related to labelling reference intake values for n-3 and n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids. The EFSA Journal, 2009, no. 1176, pp. 1–11.
- Frank J., Geil J.V., and Freaso R. Automated determination of oxidation stability of oil and fatty products. Food Tech- nology, 1982, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 71–76.
- Frega N., Mozzon M., and Lercker G. Effects of free fatty acids on oxidative stability of vegetable oil. Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society, 1999, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 325–329. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11746-999-0239-4.
- Gargouri B., Zribi A., and Bouaziz M. Effect of containers on the quality of Chemlali olive oil during storage. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 2015, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 1948–1959. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-014-1273-2.
- Gil M.I., Tomás-Barberán F.A., Hess-Pierce B., Holcroft D.M., and Kader A.A. Antioxidant Activity of Pomegranate Juice and Its Relationship with Phenolic Composition and Processing. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2000, vol. 48, no. 10, pp. 4581–4589. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/jf000404a.
- Hui Y.H. and Chandan R. Handbook of food products manufacturing. New Jersey: John Wiley and Sons Publ., 2007. 1221 p.
- ISO 3960:2010. Animal and vegetable fats and oils. – Determination of peroxide value. – Iodometric (visual) endpoint determination. 2010.
- ISO 660-2009. Animal and vegetable fats and oils – Determination of acid value and acidity. 2009.
- Kolanowski W., Jaworska D., and Weißbrodt J. Importance of instrumental and sensory analysis in the assessment of oxidative deterioration of omega-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid-rich foods. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 2007, vol. 87, no. 2, pp. 181–191. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.2733.
- Latimer G.W. Official Methods of Analysis of AOAC International. Vol. 2. Gaithersburg, Maryland: AOAC Interna- tional Publ., 2012.
- Li Y., Zhang Y., Wang M., Jiang L., and Sui X. Simplex-Centroid Mixture Design Applied to the Aqueous Enzyma- tic Extraction of Fatty Acid-Balanced Oil from Mixed Seeds. Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society, 2013, vol. 90, no. 3, pp. 349–357. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11746-012-2180-1.
- Mathäus B. Determination of the oxidative stability of vegetable oils by rancimat and conductivity and chemilu- minescence measurements. Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society, 1996, vol. 73, no. 8, pp. 1039–1043. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02523413.
- Maqsood S., Benjakul S., Abushelaibi A., and Alam A. Phenolic compounds and plant phenolic extracts as natural antioxidants in prevention of lipidoxi – dation in sea food: A detailed review. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety, 2014, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 1125–1140. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/1541-4337.12106.
- Embuscado M.E. Spices and herbs: Natural sources of antioxidants – a mini review. Journal of Functional Foods, 2015, vol. 18, pp. 811–819. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jff.2015.03.005.
- Naghshineh M., Ariffin A.A., Ghazali H.M., Mirhosseini H., and Mohammad A.S. Effect of saturated/unsaturated fatty acid ratio on physicochemical properties of palm olein-olive oil blend. Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society, 2010, vol. 87, no. 3, pp. 255–262. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11746-009-1495-z.
- O’Brien R.D. Fats and Oils: Formulating and Processing for Applications. Lancaster, Pennsylvania: Technomic Pub- lishing Company, 1998.
- O’Keefe S.F. and Pike O.A. Fat characterization. In: Nielsen S.S. (ed.) Food Analysis (4 th Ed.). New York: Springer Science + Business Media Publ., 2010. 239–260 pp. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-1478-1_14.
- Parker T.D., Adams D.A., Zhou K., Harris M., and Yu L. Fatty acid composition and oxidative stability of cold- pressed edible seed oils. Journal of Food Science, 2006, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 1240–1243. DOI: https://doi. org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2003.tb09632.x.
- Przybylski R. Hemp: revival of a forgotten oilseed crop. Lipid Technology, 2006, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 58–62.
- Rossell J.B. Measurement of rancidity. In: Allen J.C. and Hamilton R.J. (eds) Rancidity in Foods. Glasgow: Blackie Academic and Professional Publ., 1994. pp 22–53.
- Shahidi F. and Zhong Y. Lipid oxidation and improving the oxidative stability. Chemical Society Reviews, 2010, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 4067–4079. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1039/b922183m.
- Srinivasan K. Antioxidant Potential of Spices and Their Active Constituents. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 2014, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 352–372. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398.2011.585525.
- Teh S.-S. and Birch J. Physicochemical and quality characteristics of cold-pressed hemp, flax and canola seed oils. Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, 2013, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 26–31. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j. jfca.2013.01.004.
- Terpinc P., Bezjak M., and Abramoviˇc H. A kinetic model for evaluation of the antioxidant activity of several rosemaryextracts. Food Chemistry, 2009, vol. 115, no. 2, pp. 740–744. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2008.12.033.
- Babu A., and Liu D. Green Tea Catechins and Cardiovascular Health: An Update. Current Medicinal Chemistry, 2008, vol. 15, no. 18, pp. 1840–1850. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2174/092986708785132979.
Effects of natural herbal extracts on hemp (Cannabis Sativa L.) oil quality indicators. Foods and Raw Materials, 2019, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 35-41
Кемеровский государственный университет
2308-4057 (Print) /