Copyright ©Asyakina et al. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
), allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and to remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially, provided the original work is properly cited and states its license.
Foods and Raw Materials, 2017, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 51-62
One of the ways of formation of innovative products is the design of new types of direct application starters on the basis of viable microorganisms for their further use in the dairy industry. The purpose of the study was the isolation of lactobacilli activators of lactic fermentation made of national Kazakh drinks (ayran, koumiss, chegen and kurunga) for the formation of symbiotic consortium to receive a direct application starter. The authors have isolated and studied the following strains of microorganisms: Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus , Lactobacillus acidophilus , Streptococcus thermophiles, Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis, Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis biovar diacetilactis, Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus fermentum, Pediococcus damnosus, Pediococcus acidilactici, Lactobacillus gallinarum . Cultural, morphological and physiological and biochemical properties have been studied, the antibiotic resistance, antagonistic activity and biocompatibility of the isolated microorganisms have been determined. It has been established that the isolated microorganisms have a stick-like shape of 0.6 x 3.5 to6.0 x 0.7 microns in size characteristic of the sort Lactobacillus bacteria, and are Gram-positive and nonspore- forming. Mobility was only observed in the strains Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis biovar diacetilactis, Pediococcus damnosus and Pediococcus acidilactici . The strains differed considerably from each other by the consumption of other carbohydrates, however all the studied strains ferment ribose, D-galactose, D-glucose, D-fructose, D-mannose, N-acetyl-glucosamin, amygdalin, aesculin, salicin, cellobiose, maltose, lactose, D-sucrose which is characteristic of the representatives of the sort Lactobacillus . All the studied strains are sensitive to the effect of β-laktam antibiotics except Streptococcus thermophilus . The analysis of biocompatibility has shown that full compatibility is only characteristic of four strains - Lactobacillus gallinarum (kurunga) , Streptococcus thermophilus (koumiss), Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis (ayran) and Pediococcus damnosus (chegen). To create a symbiotic consortium such strains of microorganisms as Lactobacillus gallinarum, Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis and Pediococcus damnosus and optimum conditions of cultivation have been chosen. The maximum growth of microorganisms has been noted in the following culture medium: proteose-peptone - 5.00; meat extract - 10.00; yeast extract - 5.00; glucose - 20.00; Tween-80 - 1.00; ammonium citrate - 1.00; manganese sulfate - 0.05; sodium hydrophosphate - 1.00; agar-agar - 15.00; methyl rosaniline - 0.0002; casein hydrolyzate - 12.50; papain digest of soy flour 2.50; sodium chloride - 3.00; sodium citrate - 0.50; sodium sulfite - 0.20; L-cystine - 0.05; sodium azide - 0.10; potassium phosphate dibasic - 0.50; ammonium citrate dibasic - 0.80.
Consortium of microorganisms
, dairy products
, microorganism isolation
, direct application starter
, antagonistic properties
, antibiotic resistance
, identification of microorganisms
, symbiotic systems
- Özer B.H. and Kirmaci H.A. Functional milks and dairy beverages. International Journal of Dairy Technology, 2010, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 1-15. DOI: 10.1111/j.1471-0307.2009.00547.x.
- Astakhova L., Babich O., Prosekov A., et al. Short chain fatty acids (SCFA) reprogram gene expression in human malignant epithelial and lymphoid cells. PLoS ONE, 2016, vol. 11, no. 7, e0154102. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0154102.
- Zimina M.I., Sukhih S.A., Babich O.O., Noskova S.Yu., Abrashina A.A., and Prosekov A.Yu. Investigating antibiotic activity of the genus Bacillus strains and properties of their bacteriocins in order to develop next-generation pharmaceuticals. Foods and Raw Materials, 2016, vol. 4, no.2, pp. 95-100. DOI: 10.21179/2308-4057-2016-2-92-100.
- Michaelidou A. and Steijns J. Nutritional and technological aspects of minor bioactive components in milk and whey: Growth factors, vitamins and nucleotides. International Dairy Journal, 2006, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 1421-1426. DOI: 10.1016/j.idairyj.2006.06.018.
- Side C. Food Product Development: Based on Experience. Iowa, Blackwell publishing company, 2008. 199 p.
- Surkov I.V., Prosekov A.Yu., Ermolaeva E.O., et al. Evaluation and preventing measures of technological risk of food technology. Modern Applied Science, 2015, no. 4, pp. 45-52. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5539/mas.v9n4p45.
- Novoselova M.V. and Prosekov A.Yu. Technological options for the production of lactoferrin. Food and Raw Materials, 2016, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 90-101. DOI: 10.21179/2308-4057-2016-1-90-101.
- Kinsella J.E. and Morr C.V. Milk proteins: Physicochemical and functional properties. CRC Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 1984, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 197-220. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10408398409527401.
- Dyshlyuk L., Babich O., Belova D., and Prosekov A. Comparative analysis of physical and chemical properties of biodegradable edible films of various compositions. Journal of food process engineering, 2017, vol. 40, n/a, e12331. DOI: 10.1111/jfpe.12331.
- Jakubczak A. and Stachetska M. Health benefits resulting from probiotic bacteria consumption. Adv. Agrycultyral Science, 2011, no. 14, pp. 53-63.
- Juszczyk S. The rational managing rule and the way of improving the effectiveness of milk production. Zagadn. Ekon. roln., 2007, no. 3, pp. 56-71.
- Korhonen H. and Pihlanto A. Bioactive peptides: Production and functionality. International Dairy Journal, 2006, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 946-956. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.idairyj.2005.10.012.
- Prosekov A.Yu. and Ivanova S.A. Providing food security in the existing tendencies of population growth and political and economic instability in the world. Foods and Raw Materials, 2016, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 201-211. DOI: 10.21179/2308-4057-2016-2-201-211.
- Zamberlin S., Dolencic S.I., Kelava N., and Samarzija D. Probiotic bacterium Lactobacillus rhamnosus: Benefical and a dverse effects on human health. Milchwissenschaft, 2012, no. 1, pp. 30-33.
- Gorska S., Grycko P., Rybka J., et al. Exopolysaccharides of lactic acid bacteria: structure and biosynthesis. PostepyHig Med Dosw, 2007, vol. 61, pp. 805-818.
- GOST 31702-2013. Ayran. Tekhnicheskie usloviya [State Standard 31702-2013. Ayran. Technical conditions]. Moscow: Standards Publ., 2014. 17 p.
- GOST R 52974-2008. Kumys. Tekhnicheskie usloviya [State Standard R 52974-2008. Kumis. Technical conditions]. Moscow: Standards Publ., 2010. 15 p.
- GOST 10382-85. Konservy molochnye. Produkty kislomolochnye sukhie. Tekhnicheskie usloviya (State Standard 10382-85. Canned milk. Sour-milk products dry. Technical conditions]. Moscow: Publishing House of Standards, 1987. 25 p.
- Prosekov A.Yu. and Ostroumov L.A. Innovation management biotechnology of starter cultures. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology, 2016, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 64-69. (In Russian).
- Robinson R.K. (ed.) Dairy Microbiology Handbook. The Microbiology of Milk and Milk Products. USA: John Wiley & Sons, 2002. 765 p.
- Shishin M.V. and Prosekov A.Yu. Investigation of morphological and antimicrobial properties of intestinal tract microorganisms. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology, 2015, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 131-137. (In Russian).
- Lewisi M.J. Microbiological issues associated with heat treated milks. J. Soc. Dairy Technol., 2002, no. 3, pp. 121-125.
- Ludikhuyze L., Claeys W., and Hendrickx M. Combined Pressure-temperature Inactivation of Alkaline Phosphatase in Bovine Milk: A Kinetic Study. Journal of Food Science, 2000, vol. 65, no. l, pp. 155-160. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2621.2000.tb15972.x.
- Morris G. and Harding S. Polysaccharides, Microbial. Applied Microbiology: Industrial, 2009, pp. 482-494.
- Akalin A.S. and Una G. The influence of milk supplementarion on the microbiological stability and textural characteristics of fermented milk. Milchwissenschaft, 2010, no. 3, pp. 291-294.
How to quote?
FORMATION AND STUDY OF SYMBIOTIC CONSORTIUM OF LACTOBACILLI TO RECEIVE A DIRECT APPLICATION STARTER. Foods and Raw Materials, 2017, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 51-62
Kemerovo State University
2308-4057 (Print) /