Copyright ©Kozlova et al. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
), allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and to remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially, provided the original work is properly cited and states its license.
Foods and Raw Materials, 2014, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 16-25
An important strategic objective of the food industry is to meet the demands of all categories of the population in high-quality, biologically valuable, and safe food. At present, structured products based on dairy raw materials are commonly used. Food materials used to generate the necessary rheological properties or modify the existing properties for food systems that adjust or form the consistency of food products are referred to as structure-stabilizing agents. Both individual ingredients and complex mixtures thereof can be structure-stabilizing agents. The use of these agents contributes to an increase in the density and to the formation of a specific structure of the food product, which is retained even after heat treatment. In this study, the composition and properties of structure-stabilizing agents for products based on dairy raw materials have been analyzed. The following characteristics have been selected to examine: bulk density, viscosity, the fraction of undissolved residue, microvoid content, specific volume, specific surface area, and characteristic diameter. The dynamics of structural changes that occur during the interaction with the solvent have been analyzed from micrographs. The weight fraction of chemical elements (oxygen, nitrogen, carbon, sodium, chlorine) has been determined via analyzing the spectrophotometric profile.
, dairy products
, spectrophotometric analysis
- Arkhipov, A.N., Masunov, N.A., and Pozdnyakova, A.V., Issledovanie mikrostruktury i komponentnogo sostava pishchevykh stabilizatorov (A study of the microstructure and component composition of food stabilizers), Vestn. Krasnoyarsk. Gos. Agrarn. Univ. (Bull. Krasnoyarks State Agrar. Univ.), 2012. № 1. P. 178.
- Arkhipov, A.N. and Pozdnyakova, A.V., Issledovanie vliyanya massovoi doli stabilizatora KMC AKUTSEL´ 3265 na prodolzhitel´nost´ skvashivaniya molochnokislymi mikroorganizmami serii "DELVO-YOG" (A study of the effect of the weight fraction of the CMC Akucell 3265 stabilizer on the duration of ripening with lactic microorganisms of the DELVO-YOG series), Materialy Mezhdunarodnoi konferentsii "Innovatsionnoe razvitie malykh gorodov Rossii: nauchnyi i tekhnologicheskii potentsial" (Proc. Int. Conf. on Innovative Development of Small Towns in Russia: The Scientific and Technological Potential), Meleuz, 2011, P. 65.
- Prosekov, A. Yu., Sovremennye aspekty proizvodstva produktov pitaniya: Monografiya (Modern Aspects of Food Production: A Monograph) (Kemerov. Tekhnol. Inst. Pishch. Prom-st., Kemerovo, 2005).
- Arkhipov, A.N., Pozdnyakova, A.V., Krupin, A.V., and Vakanova, M.V., Sravnitel´noe issledovanie mikrostruktury i sostava stabilizatorov rastitel´nogo proiskhozhdeniya (A comparative study of the microstructure and composition of stabilizers of vegetable origin), Tekh. Tekhnol. Pishch. Proizvod. (Tech. Technol. Food Prod.), 2011. № 4. P. 14.
- Prosekov, A. Yu., Babich, O.O., and Sukhikh, S.A., Sovremennye metody issledovaniya syr´ya i biotekhnolo-gicheskoi produktsii (Modern Methods for Analyzing Raw Materials and Biotechnology Products) (Kemerov. Tekhnol. Inst. Pishch. Prom-st., Kemerovo, 2013).
- Monaci, L., Tregoat, V., van Hengel, A.J., et al., Milk allergens, their characteristics and their detection in food: A review, Eur. Food Res. Technol., 2006. V. 223. P. 149.
- Poonnov, P., Tansakul, A., and Chinnan, M., Artificial neural network modeling for temperature and moisture content prediction in tomato slices undergoing microwave-vacuum drying, Journ. Food Sci., 2007, V. 72. 2007. № 1. P. E42.
- Pozdnyakova, A.V., Arkhipov, A.N., Kozlova, O.V., and Ostroumov, L.A., Composition and microstructure investigation for the modeling and classification of dietary fiber derived from plants, Foods Raw Mater., 2014. V. 1. № 2. P. 40. doi 10.12737/4129.
- Wal, J.M., Cow´s milk proteins/allergens, Ann. Allergy Asthma lmmunol., 2002. V. 89. P. 3.
How to quote?
A Study of Properties of Structure-Stabilizing Agents for Products Based on Dairy Raw Materials. Foods and Raw Materials, 2014, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 16-25
Kemerovo State University
2308-4057 (Print) /