a Kemerovo Institute of Food Science and Technology (University), Kemerovo, Russia
Copyright ©A. et al. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
), allowing third parties to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format and to remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially, provided the original work is properly cited and states its license.
Most of foods, raw materials and half-finished products are disperse systems. One of the most energy- consuming processes during foods production is drying. Intensive study of this process allows high-quality final products to be obtained at lower energy consumption. The aim of the research is to determine the interrelation between thermophysical properties and structural-and-phase characteristics of moist materials to establish optimum parameters for drying. A set of experiments has been made to find the influence of temperature on rheological properties of suspensions. A suspension of 40% chokeberry juice and ultradisperse starch from berry meal was used as the object of the research. Thermostatting was carried out in the range from 20 to 50 C with an increment of 10 C. The thermal conductivity coefficient for blocked samples with dimensions of 50 50 75 m-3 was determined by means of a continuous plate flat source. Samples were prepared using the plastic mass forming method at the pressure of 50 MPa and the moisture of mass of 15%, and then dried. The results show that yield stress increases with temperature because of coagulation structuring intensification. The material has the highest thermal conductivity at the least capillary moisture of WLCM =14.2%, i.e. when a monomolecular layer of tightly bound water takes on the property of continuity through the material. The obtained results allow us to conclude that the use of volume phase characteristics makes it possible to improve the technique for determining thermophysical characteristics of dry and wet disperse systems to be improved, which in turn allows obtained results to be more accurate.
, phase characteristics
- Gharsallaoui A., Roudaut G., Chambin O., Voilley A., and Saurel R. Applications of spray-drying in microencapsulation of food ingredients: An overview. Food Research International, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 1107-1121. DOI: 10.1016/j.foodres.2007.07.004.
- Zhuzhikov V.A. Fil'trovanie [Filtration]. Moscow: Khimiya Publ., 1961. 304 p.
- Krischer O. Die wissenschaftlichen Grundlagen der Trocknungstechnik. Berlin-Gottingen-Heidelberg, 1956. 539 p. (Russ. ed.: Krischer O. Nauchnye osnovy tekhniki sushki. Moscow: Inlitizdat Publ., 1961. 540 p.).
- Lotov V.A. Izmenenie fazovogo sostava sistemy tsement-voda pri gidratatsii i tverdenii [Change in the phase composition of the cement-water system during hydration and hardening]. Izvestiya Tomskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta. Inzhiniring georesursov [Bulletin of the Tomsk Polytechnic University. Geo Assets Engineering], 2012, vol. 321, no. 3, pp. 42-45. (In Russian).
- Popov A. Sistemic Regularities in the Study and Design of Technological Complexes for the Production of Instant Peverages. Food and Raw Materials, 2014, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 156-160. DOI: 10.12737/547.
- Lykov A.V. Teoriya sushki [Theoretic aspects of drying]. Moscow: Energiya Publ., 1968. 472 p.
- Baklastov A.M. (ed.), Gorbenko V.A., Danilov O.L., et al. Promyshlennye teplomassoobmennye protsessy i ustanovki [Hear and mass transfer processes and apparatus]. Moscow: Energoatomizdat Publ., 1986. 328 p.
- Lykov A.V. Prognoz razvitiya nauki o sushke kapillyarno-poristykh kolloidnykh tel [Forecast of the development of the science of drying capillary-porous colloidal bodies]. Inzhenerno-fizicheskiy zhurnal [Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics], 1970, no. 4, pp. 609-616. (In Russian).
- Rundgren K., Lyckfeldt O., and Sjöstedt M. Improving Powders with Freeze Granulation. Ceramic Industry, 2003, pp. 40-44.
- Popov A.M., Makkoveev M.A., Astashenko E.B., and Chupin A.V. Identification of granulation process of instantized polydispersed products in plate granulators with activator. Food Processing: Techniques and Technology, 2010, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 60-65. (In Russian).
- Prosekov A.Yu. and Ivanova S.A. Providing food security in the existing tendencies of population growth and political and economic instability in the world. Foods and Raw Materials, 2016, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 201-211. DOI: 10.21179/2308-4057-2016-2-201-211.
- Ullah I., Wang J., Chang S.-Y., Wiley G.J., Jain N.B., and Kiang S. Moisture Activated Dry Granulation - Part I: A Guide to Excipient and Equipment Selection and Formulation Development. Pharmaceutical Technology, 2009, 33(11), pp. 62-70.
- Hilker E. Behandlung trockenempfindlicher Rohstoffe. Ziegelindustrie, 1974, no. 8, pp. 338-345.
- Chagin O.V, Kokina N.R., and Pastin V.V. Oborudovanie dlya sushki pishchevykh produktov [Drying food equipment]. Ivanovo: IGKhTU Publ., 2007. 138 p.
- Chokshi R. and Zia H. Hot melt extrusion technique: a review. Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 2004, no. 3, pp. 3-16.
- Kozlov S.G., Prosekov A.Yu., and Sorochkina A.S. Aging of whey gels in the presence of organic colloids. Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry, 2004, vol. 77, no. 7, pp. 1092-1096.
- Chizhskiy A.F. Sushka keramicheskikh materialov i izdeliy [Drying ceramic materials and products]. Moscow: Stroyizdat Publ., 1971. 178 p.
How to quote?
Popov A.M., Plotnikov K.B., and Donya D.V. Determination of dependence
between thermophysical properties and structural-and-phase characteristics of moist materials. Foods and Raw
Materials, 2017, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 137–143. DOI: 10.21179/2308-4057-2017-1-137-143.