АннотацияThe possibility of intensifying the ultrafiltration concentrating of food substance solutions by the separation of the near-membrane flow part that comprises the concentration boundary layer (or diffusion layer) enriched by a useful component has been investigated in this study. A mathematical model of the longitudinal development of polarization on a membrane with consideration of its selectivity (rejection coefficient) has been proposed. The efficiency of the separation of the near-membrane layer has theoretically been estimated on the basis of this model. Some constructions of membrane modules with the separation of the near-membrane layer have been proposed. Experiments have shown that the proposed method allows the concentrate to be enriched in the continuous-flow module by 9‒10%, which is much higher than for the traditional concentrating process. The calculated concentration coefficients are in good agreement with experimental values.
Ключевые словаultrafiltration , concentrating , intensification , concentration polarization , rejection coefficient , concentration coefficient.
- Brans, G., Schroën, C.G.P.H., van der Sman, R.G.M., and Boom, R.M., Membrane fractionation of milk: state of the art and challenges, Journal of Membrane Science, 2005, vol. 243, pp. 263‒272.
- Van Reis, R. and Zydney, A., Bioprocess membrane technology, Journal of Membrane Science, 2007, vol. 297, pp. 16‒50.
- Wakeman, R.J. and Williams, C.J., Additional techniques to improve microfiltration, Separation and Purification Technology, 2002, vol. 26, pp. 3‒18.
- Krstićś, D.M., Tekić, M.N., Carić, M.D., and Milanović, S.D., Static turbulence promoter in cross-flow microfiltration of skim milk, Desalination, 2004, vol. 163, pp. 297‒309.
- Pal, S., Bharihoke, R, Chakraborty, S., Ghatak, S.K., De, S., and DasGupta, S., An experimental and theoretical analysis of turbulence promoter assisted ultrafiltration of synthetic fruit juice, Separation and Purification Technology, 2008, vol. 62, pp. 659‒667.
- Popović, S. and Tekić, M.N., Twisted tapes as turbulence promoters in the microfiltration of milk, Journal of Membrane Science, 2011, vol. 384, pp. 97‒106.
- Zhou, N. and Agwu Nnanna, A.G., Investigation of hybrid spring-membrane system for fouling control, Desalination, 2011, vol. 276, pp. 117‒127.
- Popović, S., Jovičević, D., Muhadinović, M., Milanović, S., and Tekić, M.N., Intensification of microfiltration using a blade-type turbulence promoter, Journal of Membrane Science, 2012, vol. 425‒426, pp. 113‒120.
- Taha, T. and Cui, Z.F., CFD modelling of gas-sparged ultrafiltration in tubular membranes, Journal of Membrane Science, 2002, vol. 210, pp. 13‒27.
- Mercier-Bonin, M., Gésan-Guiziou, G., and Fonade, C., Application of gas/liquid two-phase flows during crossflow microfiltration of skimmed milk under constant transmembrane pressure conditions, Journal of Membrane Science, 2003, vol. 218, pp. 93‒105.
- Psoch, C. and Schiewer, S., Dimensionless numbers for the analysis of air sparging aimed to reduce fouling in tubular membranes of a membrane bioreactor, Desalination, 2006, vol. 197, pp. 9‒22.
- Cheng, T.-W. and Li, L.-N., Gas-sparging cross-flow ultrafiltration in flat-plate membrane module: Effects of channel height and membrane inclination, Separation and Purification Technology, 2007, vol. 55, pp. 50‒55.
- Qaisrani, T.M. and Samhabe, W.M., Impact of gas bubbling and backflushing on fouling control and membrane cleaning, Desalination, 2010, vol. 266, pp. 154‒161.
- Akoum, O.Al., Jaffrin, M.Y., Ding, L., Paullier, P., and Vanhoutte, C., An hydrodynamic investigation of microfiltration and ultrafiltration in a vibrating membrane module, Journal of Membrane Science, 2002, vol. 197, pp. 37–52.
- Akoum, O., Jaffrin, M.J., and Ding, L.-H., Concentration of total milk proteins by high shear ultrafiltration in a vibrating membrane module, Journal of Membrane Science, 2005, vol. 247, pp. 211‒220.
- Gomaa, H.G. and Rao, S., Analysis of flux enhancement at oscillating flat surface membranes, Journal of Membrane Science, 2011, vol. 374, pp. 59‒66.
- Kobayashi, T., Chai, X., and Fujii, N., Ultrasound enhanced cross-flow membrane filtration, Separation and Purification Technology, 1999, vol. 17, pp. 31‒40.
- Muthukumaran, S., Kentish, S.E., Ashokkumar, M., and Stevens, J.W., Mechanisms for the ultrasonic enhancement of dairy whey ultrafiltration, Journal of Membrane Science, 2005, vol. 258, pp. 106‒114.
- Kyllönen, H.M., Pirkonen, P., and Nyström, M., Membrane filtration enhanced by ultrasound: a review, Desalination, 2005, vol. 181, pp. 319‒335.
- Cai, M., Zhao, S., and Liang, H., Mechanisms for the enhancement of ultrafiltration and membrane cleaning by different ultrasonic frequencies, Desalination, 2010, vol. 263, pp. 133‒138.
- Sarkar, B., Pal, S., Ghosh, T.B., De, S., and DasGupta, S., A study of electric field enhanced ultrafiltration of synthetic fruit juice and optical quantification of gel deposition, Journal of Membrane Science, 2008, vol. 311, pp. 112‒120.
- RF Patent 2181619, 2000.
- RF Patent 2234360, 2004.