Все права защищены ©Minevich и др. Это статья с открытым доступом, распространяемая на условиях международной лицензии Creative Commons Attribution 4.0. (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
), позволяет другим распространять, перерабатывать, исправлять и развивать произведение, даже в коммерческих целях, при условии указания автора произведения.
Foods and Raw Materials, 2019, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 274-282
Flax seeds are an excellent source of polyunsaturated fatty acids and high-grade protein. They are also rich in non-starch polysaccharides that are concentrated in their mucus cells. Flaxseed polysaccharides are soluble dietary fibres, which makes them an indispensable functional food ingredient. They can also serve as an additive, thus improving the structure of food, e.g. as a stabilizer, structure former, water and fat retention agent, etc. According to various researches, the functional and technological properties of polysaccharide flaxseed products are largely determined by the ratio of polysaccharide fractions and protein content, which depend on the production process. This research featured the effect of the method of obtaining flaxseed polysaccharide products on the protein content. The study employed chemical analysis and attenuated total internal reflection infrared spectroscopy (ATR-IR). The protein polysaccharide products under analysis were obtained by water extraction from two varieties of whole flax seed (Russia), under various conditions of treatment, cleaning, and fractionation. The conditions included pH, temperature, and process time. During water extraction of whole flax seeds, polypeptide-containing polysaccharide complexes were removed from the seed coats. The number, composition, and binding force between the peptide fragments and the polysaccharide matrix depended on the technological parameters of the process. The polysaccharide products were tested for total protein content. The results were consistent with the band intensity in the range of 1700–1500 cm–1, where protein carbonyl groups are usually manifested.
, IR-spectra of polysaccharide products
- Krishtanova NA, Safonova MYu, Bolotova VC, Pavlova ED, Sakanyan EI. The prospects of the use of vegetable polysaccharides as medical and medical and preventive drugs. Proceeding of Voronezh State University. Series: Chemistry. Biology. Pharmacy. 2005;(1):212–221. (In Russ.).
- Sytchev IA, Kalinkina OV, Lacksaeva EA. Biological activity of the vegetable polysaccharides. I.P. Pavlov Russian Medical Biological Herald. 2009;17(4):143–148. (In Russ.).
- Generalov EA. Physico-chemical approaches to the analysis of natural polysaccharides. Auditorium. 2015;8(4):38–54. (In Russ.).
- Olennikov DN, Kashchenko NI. Polysaccharides. Current state of knowledge: an experimental and scientometric investigation. Chemistry of plant raw material. 2014;(1):5–26. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.14258/jcprm.1401005.
- Englyst KN, Liu S, Englyst HN. Nutritional characterization and measurement of dietary carbohydrates. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2007;61:S19–S39. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.ejcn.1602937.
- Gutte KB, Sahoo AK, Ranveer RC. Bioactive Components of Flaxseed and its Health Benefits. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research. 2015;31(1):42–51.
- Tarasova RN, Ozhimkova EV, Uschapovsky IV. The study of prebiotic properties heteropolysaccharides of linum usitatissimum on bacteria Lactobacillus Acidophilus. Bulletin of the Tver State Technical University. 2018;33(1):61–63. (In Russ.).
- Warrand J, Michaud P, Picton L, Muller G, Courtois B, Ralainirina R, et al. Structural investigations of the neutral polysaccharide of Linum usitatissimum L. seeds mucilage. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 2005;35(3–4):121–125. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2004.12.006.
- Warrand J, Michaud P, Picton L, Muller G, Courtois B, Ralainirina R, et al. Large-scale purification of water-soluble polysaccharides from flaxseed mucilage, and isolation of a new anionic polymer. Chromatographia. 2003;58(5–6):331–335.
- Qian K-Y, Cui SW, Nikiforuk J, Goff HD. Structural elucidation of rhamnogalacturonans from flaxseed hulls. Carbohydrate Research. 2012;362:47–55. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carres.2012.08.005.
- Rabetafika HN, Van Remoortel V, Danthine S, Paquot M, Blecker C. Flaxseed proteins: food uses and health benefits. International Journal of Food Science and Technology. 2011;46(2):221–228. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2010.02477.x.
- Qian KY, Cui SW, Wu Y, Goff HD. Flaxseed gum from flaxseed hulls: Extraction, fractionation and characterization. Food Hydrocolloids. 2012;28(2):275–283. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodhyd.2011.12.019.
- Kaushik P, Dowling K, Adhikari R, Barrow CJ, Adhikari B. Effect of extraction temperature on composition, structure and functional properties of flaxseed gum. Food Chemistry. 2017;215:333–340. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2016.07.137.
- Tarasevich BN. IK spektry osnovnykh klassov organicheskikh soedineniy [IR-spectra of the main classes of organic compounds]. Moscow: Lomonosov Moscow State University; 2012. 55 p. (In Russ.).
- Prech EH, Byulʹmann F, Affolʹter K. Opredelenie stroeniya organicheskikh soedineniy. Tablitsy spektralʹnykh dannykh [Tables of Spectral Data for Structure Determination of Organic Compounds]. Moscow: Mir: BINOM; 2006. 251–318 pp. (In Russ.).
- Plotnikova LV, Nechiporenko AP, Orekhova SM, Plotnikov PP, Ishevskii AL. A study of muscular tissue of animal origin by reflection-spectroscopy methods. Optics and Spectroscopy. 2017;122(6):1051–1054. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.7868/S0030403417060162.
- Plotnikova LV, Nechiporenko AP, Orehova SM, Uspenskaya MV, Plotnikov PP, Ishevskiy AL. Reflection spectroscopy in the study of muscle tissue of animal origin. Part I. Scientific Journal NRU ITMO. Series: Processes and Food Production Equipment. 2017;(2):29–39. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.17586/2310-1164-2017-10-2-29-39.
- Skryabin KG, Vikhoreva GA, Varlamov VP. Khitin i khitozan: Poluchenie, svoystva i primenenie [Chitin and chitosan: Preparation, properties, and application]. Moscow: Nauka; 2002. 368 p. (In Russ.).
- Minevich IE, Osipova LL, Nechiporenko AP, Smirnova EI, Melnikova MI. The peculiarities of mucilage polysaccharide extraction from flax seeds. Scientific Journal NRU ITMO. Series: Processes and Food Production Equipment. 2018;(2):3–11. (In Russ.). DOI: https://doi.org/10.17586/2310-1164-2018-11-2-3-11
IR-spectroscopy of polysaccharide flaxseed (Linum usitatissimum L.) products. Foods and Raw Materials, 2019, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 274-282
Кемеровский государственный университет
2308-4057 (Print) /