Shirish Hari Sonawane
Editorial board member
Shirish Hari Sonawane
Ph.D. Chemical Technology, Associate Professor
Place of work: National Institute of Technology
Position: Associate Professor of the Department of Chemical Engineering
Address: Warangal - 506004, Telangana, INDIA
Phone: +91 8702462626
Acoustic and hydrodynamic cavitations, Nanoemulsions and functional nanolattices, Advanced polymeric coatings and hybrid membranes, Process intensification using microreactors
Education and qualifications
2005 – Doctor of Philosophy, Chemical Technology, North Maharashtra University, India;
1999 – Master of Engineering, Chemical Engineering, S. University of Baroda, India;
1997 – Bachelor of Technology, Chemical Engineering, Dr B. A. Tech. University, Lonere India.
Expertise and career history
Since 2012 – Associate Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Warangal, India.
Grants and fellowships
2013 – Heritage Fellowship, Erasmus Mundus Program (European commission);
2008-2009 – Better Opportunities for Young Scientists in Chosen Areas of Science & Technology (BOYSCAST) Fellowship, DST, Government of India;
2003 – CSIR-SRF Fellowship (All India Rank: 2), Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-Senior Research.
Honors and recognitions
2017 – Gandhian Young Technological Innovation (GYTI) Award (Project Guide/Team Leader): Under BIRAC-SRISTI-GYTI Category of More from Less for Many (MLM), National Innovation Foundation(NIF), India & SRISTI;
2017 – Telangana Academy of Sciences award, Telangana Academy of Sciences;
2016 – Fellow of Maharashtra Academy of Sciences award [for the significant contributions to Engineering and Technology], Maharashtra Academy of Sciences;
2016 – Institution of Engineers India award [for excellence in academics], Institution of Engineers India;
2016 – V.N.M.M award [for the innovative and creative work in the field of Chemical Engineering through patent applications], IIT-Roorkee.
Leadership and Volunteer Activities
Technical Committee member for Thirty-third National Convention of Chemical Engineers on “Nanotechnology and its Applications for Sustainable Development in Chemical Industries” organized by The Institution of Engineers (India) Chemical Engineering Division Board, IEI Pune Local Centre during September 09-10, 2017.
Chief Editor of Scientific Journal of Bulletin of the SUS University Series- Food and Biotechnology Russia.
Editorial board member of the International Journal of Biotechnology, Chemical & Environmental Engineering.
Editorial board member of the international journal “Advances in Nanoparticles”.
National advisory committee member SCHEMCON-2016 organized by the students chapter of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE).
Significant publications in foreign issues
- Kumar P. Rajesh, Suryawanshi Prashant L., Gumfekar Sarang P., Sonawane Shirish H. Ultrasound-Assisted synthesis of conducting polymer-based electrocatalysts for fuel cell applications. Chemical Engineeing and Processing: Process Intensification, 2017, vol. 121, pp. 50–56. DOI: 10.1016/j.cep.2017.08.004.
- Karekar Sammit E., Gondhalekar Kunal A., Chandre Dipak K., Sonawane Shirish H., Pinjari Dipak V. Acoustic cavitation assisted preparation of poly(acrylic acid)-halloysite nanoclay hydrogel for removal of Auramine O dye from effluent. Current Environmental Engineering, Accepted.
- Fule P.J., Bhanvase B.A., Sonawane Shirish H. Experimental Investigation of Heat Transfer Enhancement in Helical Coil Heat Exchangers Using Water Based CuO Nanofluid. Advanced Powder Technology, 2017, vol. 28, pp. 2288–2294.
- D. Naresh Yadav, K. Anand Kishore, Bhaskar Bethi, Shirish H. Sonawane, D. Bhagawan. ZnO nanophotocatalysts coupled with ceramic membrane method for treatment of Rhodamine-B dye waste water. Environment, Development and Sustainability, DOI: 10.1007/s10668-017-9977-x.
- Ghanshyam B., Sonawane S.S., Wasewar K.L., Rathod A.P., Parate V.R., Sonawane S.H., Shimpi N.G. Improvement in thermal stability, thermomechanical and oxygen permeability of PA6 by ODA modified Ca3(PO4)2 nanofiller. Research Journal of Chemistry and Environment, 2017, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 38–44.
- Jolhe P.D., Bhanvase B.A., Patil V.S., Sonawane S.H., Potoroko I. Ultrasound Assisted Synthesis of Performic Acid in a Continuous Flow Microstructured Reactor. Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 2017, vol. 39, pp. 153–159. DOI: 10.1016/j.ultsonch.2017.03.059.
- Bethi B., Sonawane S.H., Potoroko I., Bhanvase B.A., Sonawane S.S. Novel Hybrid System Based on Hydrodynamic Cavitation for treatment of Dye Waste Water: A First report on bench scale study. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 2017, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 1874–1884. DOI: 10.1016/j.jece.2017.03.026.
- Bagale Uday D., Sonawane S.H., Bhanvase B.A., Kulkarni R.D., Gogate P.R. Green synthesis of nanocapsules for self-healing anticorrosion coating using ultrasound assisted approach. Journal of Green processing synthesis, Accepted.
- Bagale Uday D., Desale Rhushikesh, Sonawane Shirish H., Kulkarni Ravindra D. An active corrosion inhibition coating of two pack epoxy polyamide system using halloysite nanocontainer. Journal of Protection of Metals and Physical Chemistry of Surfaces, Accepted (published in N1 2018).
- Shirsath S.R., Sable S.S., Gaikwad S.G., Sonawane S.H., Saini D.R., Gogate P.R. Intensification of extraction of curcumin from Curcuma amada using ultrasound assisted approach: Effect of different operating parameters. Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 2017, vol. 38, pp. 437–445. DOI: 10.1016/j.ultsonch.2017.03.040.
References to the scientist's profile
Scopus Author ID: 6602561118 – https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=6602561118
Other references: http://www.nitw.ac.in/faculty/id/16328/, https://www.researchgate.net/profile/S_Sonawane2